Logga in för att följa kategorier och för att få genvägar i denna meny
avbryt
Visar resultat för 
Visa  endast  | Sök istället efter 
Menade du: 

Fd medlem
Inte tillämpbar

wrong unpaid sales invoice

hi I will need a little help here. when I started using Visma in the beginning I was finding my way around the app and made some wrong sales invoices. I couldn't void them and they show in the program as unpaid sales invoice which I need to record as bad debt. my question is should I record them as bad debt and will it affect the year's result? Thank you.

8 SVAR 8
AnnicaL
CHAMPION

Hi. If the invoices were issued by mistake they are to be credited, not posted as bad debt. There is a function in the program to credit the invoice but the procedure is different in the different programs. 

And yes, a credit note will affect the result. 

Fd medlem
Inte tillämpbar

hi. I dont get any option to credit the invoice. the options I get are record payment, payment reminder and copy. thanks for the quick reply

Which program do you use? 

Fd medlem
Inte tillämpbar

Visma Economi smart

AnnicaL
CHAMPION

If you don't have the option "Credit the invoice" you can always make a "manual" credit note that includes exactly the same details as the faulty invoice, and then post "payments" to both using the petty cash account 1910. That way both the invoice and the credit note will be removed from the open invoice list.

hi, can you explain the steps... i have the same issue.

Thanks

AnnicaL
CHAMPION

First you create a new invoice, tick the box for credit note at the top. Then you enter the customer name, date, the product details and the same price as on the original invoice. Check that the total amount is the same as the invoice. Post the credit note by printing it to a pdf. 

(If the invoice was in another currency and you don't want to post a currency difference, you need to issue the credit note with the same date as the invoice.)

Now you go to the list of invoices and enter a payment on both the invoice and the credit note. Use the same date and any account for the "payments" - the entries will balance each other out. 

THANKS ALOT 🙂